Call Now To Speak With A Dedicated Attorney! (980) 324-3099

Hometown Counsel

Special proceedings are proceedings that take place in front of the court or in front of the clerk of court.

Special proceedings can be anything from a petition to get personal property back, a petition to sell property by a partition, a petition for property to be sold, and the funds be divided equally. These are all processes that require very specialized skills.

What Do I Do If I Own A Property With Someone Else And They’ve Kicked Me Out Of It?

For people that aren’t married, there is a process called a Petition to Partition. Petition to Partition allows us to request the court to determine the value of a property and to appoint a third party to oversee the sale of a property. The third party, known as the commissioner, would receive 5% for their role in selling a property. Each party has the right to buy the other party out for the fair market share of the property, however, it is common for folks who have inherited a piece of property to prefer not to buy the other party out. Partition may be the only mechanism for someone to get their money back out of a property that is otherwise owned jointly with other people.

For more information on Special Proceedings Law in North Carolina, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (980) 324-3099 today.

 Hometown Counsel

Call Now To Speak With A Dedicated Attorney!
(980) 324-3099

Accessibility Close Menu
× Accessibility Menu CTRL+U